To ensure the safety of both our patients and our medical staff we have implemented the following protocols per CDC and MDH guidelines:
- All patients must be wearing a face mask at all times.
- Patients are encouraged to check-in at home using the Patient Portal or through the reminder e-mail prior to their appointments to reduce their time in the clinic space. There you will be able to update your prescriptions, your medical history and pay your co-pay. Doing this remotely will allow you to go straight to the exam or testing room. Initial screening for COVID 19 will take place by phone.
- All patients will be screened for symptoms and temperature checked on every visit before the encounter for COVID 19 prior to entering the clinic space.
- All patients will be require to wash their hands upon arrival at the clinic.
- Patients are advised to attend consultations alone or request that the companion wait outside the clinic during the appointment.
- Telemedicine visits are also offered if preferred by the patient and family.
- Strict disinfection protocols have been introduced in the office between patient visits for all surfaces and testing equipment.
- Employees and Providers at Precision Eye Care are also screened daily for COVID 19 symptoms.